Here you’ll find my STC-based presentations, my book reviews in Technical Communication, some best practice articles I posted on the CAC and Notebook sites, and some travel guides I put together for fun, for friends and family.
I have presented to STC and other communities over the years.
- At STC-Philadelphia Metro Chapter Conference, 2004: Merging Customer-Written Help into an Online Help Project.
- Via web conference to a worldwide STC audience, 2012: Community Finances: Sustainable Programming.
- At STC-Philadelphia Metro Chapter meeting, 2014: The Challenges Technical Communicators Face.
- At STC-Philadelphia Metro Chapter Conference, 2015: Getting A Head in the Cloud.
- At STC Summit Leadership Day, 2015: Using Meetup with Your Community.
- Via CAC web conference to a worldwide STC audience, 2016: Using Meetup with Your Community.
- Via CAC web conference to a worldwide STC audience, 2016:
Quick(en) and Easy Budgeting.
- At Drexel University, 2016: Professional Societies and Your Career
Reviews in Technical Communication
A login is be required on the Technical Communication site, but these links go right to the reviews.
- WordPress for Dummies, February 2016, Volume 63, Number 1
- The Graphic Design Idea Book: Inspiration from 50 Masters, November 2016, Volume 63 Number 4
- Technical and Professional Communication: Integrating Text and Visuals, February 2017, Volume 64, Number 1
- IT Project Management: A Geek’s Guide to Leadership, May 2017, Volume 64, Number 2
- Wordplay, August 2017, Volume 64, Number 3
Best Practices Articles
For the CAC website, I’ve authored several best practices articles:
- STC Web Hosting
- Add Social Media Icons to Your Website
- Simplifying Your Community Finances with Quicken
- Leveraging Nonprofit Status for US Members
- Customizing Your Chapter Email Addresses
- Sharing Community Files in Google Drive
- Using Meetup with Your Community
- Organizing Meetings Using Eventbrite
- STC RSS Feeds
I write travel guides for friends and family. Nothing formal and not exhaustive, but based on my own travel experiences.