The bonus materials page is just for fun since you’re tired of reading election materials at this point. For example, here is how you can be …
STC Stealth Famous
For when STC makes you famous without anyone realizing it, but yourself.
There will be a quiz later. Also I was a dual major of History and English. So there is history below.
The cliffs across the top of my website are Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in Arizona. They are north of the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I went backpacking behind them through a slot canyon called Buckskin Gulch and the Paria River Canyon in 2013. The rock formations known as “The Wave” are there too.
Yosemite is one of my favorite places. I was fortunate to spend the better part of a week hiking there in 2010.
I also backpacked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up in 2010.
I even wrote a little guidebook about this park.
We rescued two retired greyhounds.
Where I Live
I live just outside Philadelphia in a community known for:
- Having the most millionaires per square mile in the US, 120 years ago.
- Jay Cooke, financier of the Union during the Civil War, used to own the land next to my home.
- His estate, Ogontz, became a finishing school for girls, and Amelia Earhart attended.
- Harry Elkins Widener, for whom the Harvard library is named, grew up on the estate a few blocks from my house. He perished on the Titanic, and a local church has Tiffany glass windows in his honor. The same church has Jay Cooke’s desk, bible, and gravesite.
- Ezra Pound went to a military academy 3 blocks from my house, as did President Grant’s son. The property is now the school district admin offices.
- Camp William Penn, the largest training camp for African American soldiers was in my township.
- Lucretia Mott, the women’s rights and anti-slavery activist, lived in my township. The area where Camp William Penn was is named LaMott in her honor.
- Bill Cosby has a house two miles from me. This used to be a more fun topic.
- Benjamin Netanyahu and Reggie Jackson went to the my township high school.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s only synagogue, Beth Shalom, is a few blocks away, as is the Breyer’s Ice Cream estate.