In 2017 I ran for STC Treasurer, but was defeated. Here are some samples of emails and communications made for the election.
My name is Timothy Esposito, and I am running for STC Treasurer.
Over the years, I have held many roles with STC, both for the Philadelphia Metro Chapter and for the Society itself. At the chapter level, I have served as scholarship organizer, treasurer, webmaster, vice president, and president. For the society, I have worked on the Community Affairs Committee and the Scholarship Committee, and have presented at Summit Leadership Day. Additionally, I have twice served on the Budget Review Committee (2012 and 2015). So why do I want to join the STC board as Treasurer?
I am running for STC Treasurer because I want to:
- Apply leadership skills I developed with STC to help guide the Society itself.
- Help communities understand the Society’s finances.
- Work with communities to simplify their finances so that they can focus on better serving the professional development needs of their members.
- Support the Society as it grows, evolves, and continues to set the standards in our industry.
Please consider me for treasurer because I am:
- Hard working
- Highly organized
- Experienced as a chapter treasurer (5 years)
- Comfortable working in diverse communities and remote teams
- Invested in balancing the needs of communities and the Society to provide the best possible outcome for both
STC and STC members have great potential. I believe I can help bring the two parties together through more effective communication methods. My attention to detail and organizational skills will assist the Society and its members.
If elected Society Treasurer, I will serve honestly and faithfully to the best of my ability.